Statements are provided by the supervisor of the work, upon the request of the applicant.
The statement for the grant application is required when you are applying a grant for doctoral degrees in science and the doctoral degrees in arts. If your work does not have an officially appointed supervisor during the post doc phase, statements from other persons who know your research well are also accepted. The statement should indicate the progress and stage of the grant applicant’s PhD work/research. NB! Only private individuals can apply for a grant in the field of sciences.
A person may apply for a PhD grant, if there will be no more than one year of PhD work left.
A statement on the progress of the work is required if the applicant is applying for a grant for the following purposes:
- writing a Ph.D.
- Ph.D. degrees in art, or
- post-doctoral research
A statement on the progress of the work is not required if the applicant
- is applying literature, art or public education grant
- is working group or collective
the statement must include the following information:
- the stage and progress of the applicant’s work (eg. whether the applicant has published, is completing a dissertation, and how many years of dissertation is left)
- effectiveness of the work and the topic (novelty value, social, internal influence in the field of science / art)
- the applicant’s ability to complete the work
A Statement must be made on the online service
If you apply for a grant for research, ask your supervisor to provide a statement on the progress of your work in the online service. In order to use the service, a supervisor has to registrate first. A statement has to be sent to the Foundation no later than 22th August 2022 24.00 Finnish time. Statement on the progress of the work must be made on the statement online service.